Cannabis honey is exactly what it sounds like – honey infused with cannabis. Both CBD and THC-infused cannabis honey are widely popular and an excellent way to get your daily dose of either in the sweetest, healthiest way possible. THC cannabis honey is best for those who are looking for the benefits of cannabis with a bit of a kick. Cannabis honey that contains THC can be used in the morning for those who like to wake and bake or at night in a cup of tea to help with sleep. Maybe even during the day for an afternoon pick-me-up. Whatever floats your boat when it comes to how much, when, and why you consume cannabis, you know?
CBD cannabis honey is great for those who don’t want to experience the psychoactive effects of THC and can provide sweet relief for chronic pain, stress, and anxiety. Parents who give their children CBD for ADHD, seizures, or any other reason might find this an easy and effective way for their kids to take the CBD they need.
Cannabis honey is an extremely versatile way to get your CBD or THC on…and just so happens to be really, really good for you.
How to Make Your Own Cannabis Honey
Here’s a secret. Cannabis honey is actually really easy to make at home. If you’ve ever made cannabutter, the procedure for making cannabis honey is similar, however, keep in mind that it tends to be a little stickier. Another thing to keep in mind? You’ll need to decarboxylate your cannabis in order to convert THCA into THC. Click here to learn how to decarb your cannabis.
What You’ll Need:
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- Decarboxylated Cannabis (1-ounce decarbed cannabis to 1 cup honey is a standard measure, but it is up to you how potent you want your honey to be. For less potent honey, use less cannabis. For more potent honey, feel free to go big and use over an ounce.)
- Two Cups Honey (It’s best to use organic, raw, unfiltered honey for the highest-quality results. If you can’t get your hands on any, you’ll be good using regular honey.)
- Glass Jar with a Tightly Fitting Lid
- Put your cannabis in the cheesecloth and tie it with a string or rubber band.
- Put the cannabis-filled cheesecloth in the glass jar and pour in two cups honey.
- Put the full jar in the crockpot (lid off) and add enough water so it’s above the honey but not fully covered.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on its lowest temperature for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove the honey jar from the crockpot, ensuring that you’re wearing oven mitts because the jar will be hot.
- Allow the honey to completely cool and then remove the cheesecloth. Squeeze the cheesecloth into the honey jar to make sure you get it all.
- Once completely cool, put the tightly fitting lid on your glass jar and store either in the refrigerator or in a cool, dry place like a pantry cupboard.
Cannabis Honey: Products Offer Consumers Sweet Relief
Thanks to legalization, cannabis honey is produced in several places across the country. There are quite a few companies crushing the cannabis honey game, offering consumers sweet, natural relief in an easy-to-use product.
California-based Me So Honey offers petite jars of THC-infused honey and CBD/THC and THC-infused honey straws. Another California company, CannaHoney, makes cannabis-infused honey from large colonies strategically positioned close to cannabis farms in Southern California farmlands. Colorado Hemp Honey offers organic, raw Rocky Mountain Honey infused with full-spectrum organically-grown hemp extract.
Haven’t Tried Cannabis Honey? Here’s Why You Should Begin Using It Immediately…
Combining cannabis and honey was a genius invention. The health benefits of both are numerous, and together they create quite a powerful concoction to meet a variety of wellness needs. Let’s take a look at a few of the benefits of both:
Health Benefits of Honey:
- High in Antioxidants
- Strengthens Immune System
- Promotes wound healing
- Helps with Acne
- Cough Suppressant
- Relieves Sore Throat
- May Improve Cholesterol Levels
- Healthy alternative to refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup
Health Benefits of CBD:
- Relieves Chronic Pain
- Reduces Anxiety
- Helps stop seizures
- Contains Neuroprotective Properties
- Helps slow/stop metastasis of cancer cells
- Helps with Acne
- Antidepressant properties
Health Benefits of THC:
- Relief of Chronic Pain
- Increases Appetite
- Reduces Nausea and Vomiting
- Used to Treat and Prevent Glaucoma
- Helps Promote Sleep
- Increases Energy
- Contains Neuroprotective Antioxidants
- Beneficial for PTSD
While these benefits of honey and cannabinoids THC and CBD are by no means exhaustive, it’s easy to see that combining the two together is an excellent way to increase health and overall wellness.
Not only is cannabis honey extremely amazing for your health, but its tastes great and is easy to make at home. Full of health benefits for both body and mind, cannabis honey is a sweet alternative to smoking pot and the many other ways to consume cannabis.