Whether you’ve heard of one before or this is all brand new, rolling a rose petal blunt just might change your life.
A rose petal blunt is exactly that: a blunt filled with cannabis rolled in roses.
It’s as poetic as it sounds. When @simple_sasha tweeted a video tutorial explaining how to roll one yourself, she blew a whole bunch of cannabis enthusiasts’ minds and turned the ancient practice of consuming rose petals into something that feels brand new.
HOW TO ROLL A ROSE BLUNT pic.twitter.com/2Cr26rzllF
— Sasha💋 (@simple_sasha) September 14, 2017
Keep reading to learn how to make one (and why this classy roll may be better than the rest).
How to Roll a Rose Petal Blunt
For such an elegant roll it takes maybe five minutes to make. If you grow your own cannabis and roses, you have everything you need at home.
Rolling doesn’t require much. Grab the following items, and you’ll be ready to go:
- About .5 grams of ground cannabis flower
- 3 rose petals (pesticide-free!)
- Small baking sheet or 4 x 4 foil square
If you’re pretty good at making rolls already, you could be lighting up your rose petal joint just a couple of minutes after gathering your materials.
Here’s how you do it:
- Set your oven to broil (525° F).
- Place the 3 rose petals on your baking sheet.
- Put the rose petals into the oven for 10 seconds.
- Take out the rose petals (they should be slightly darker in color).
- Lick the bottom of each rose petal and lay them down in an overlapping row on top of the baking sheet (your saliva should help them adhere to one another).
- Place the overlapped row of rose petals back into the oven for another 10 seconds.
- Take out the rose petals.
- Let the petals rest on the pan for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle your cannabis down the center of the lined up rose petals.
- Roll your petals the way you’d roll a joint, tucking and licking the edges to seal your rose blunt. Be careful because the petals are very thin.
- Place the roll back into the oven for a final 10 seconds.
- Take out the roll and smoke it like a regular joint.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use tools to keep your roll neat. Try a cannabis cigar mold and tools like the ones sold by Purple Rose Supply if you’re struggling to pack a tight roll.
- Give your flowers a kick. Top off your cannabis flower with a few sprinkles of kief for an all-natural concentrate (without the sticky mess of oils).
- Don’t give up on the roses if you can’t roll them. Just crush the petals, add them to your cannabis, and smoke the combination out of a bowl, regular joint, or dry herb vaporizer to get that floral experience.
Why Smoke a Rose Petal Blunt?
While it may seem like a novelty to most people, using roses in teas, desserts, oils, and even savory dishes is old hat. That’s why the idea of a rose petal blunt makes perfect sense. Why not combine one ancient consumable flower with another?
Smoking a rose petal blunt makes your cannabis roll 100% natural (rose petals are a much better alternative to manufactured rolling papers and tobacco paper). It also creates a delightful aromatic bouquet you can’t get from smoking cannabis flower alone.
At the same time, wrapping your weed in roses is just another way to smoke it. As elegant as it may look and feel, they still rely on combustion to deliver cannabinoids. And the jury’s out on whether smoking cannabis is as medically beneficial as other consumption methods (like vaping, eating edibles, or using tinctures).
If you’re a medical patient with a respiratory or pulmonary condition (or would like to expose yourself to as few toxins and respiratory irritants as possible), you may want to find an alternative consumption method to smoking, period.
Using a dry herb vaporizer avoids combustion while still allowing you to experience the unique aromatic experience of inhaling cannabis combined with rose petals. Herbal vaporizers can heat up cannabis and rose petals enough to release cannabinoids and terpenes without causing them to burn. This process avoids combustion-related toxin exposure and respiratory irritation.
Have you ever smoked a rose petal blunt (or vaped rose petals mixed with weed)? Tell us what your experience was like in the comments!