Dating in 2021 is hard—and it can be even more challenging if weed is your first love. While the negative stigma surrounding cannabis is beginning to fade, whether or not you indulge in Mary Jane can be a deal-breaker for many singles out there.
The good news is there are now plenty of dating apps out there that welcome a cannabis-friendly community so that you can prevent a broken heart or a match that just simply isn’t for you. Read on for a list of helpful tools to find the partner of your dreams.
Dating Profile Tips
Whether you decide to go with a traditional dating app or a weed-friendly dating app, you will need to create a profile that accurately reflects who you are—which is easier said than done. However, with the help of these handy dating profile tips, you may find a more effortless way to connect with your ideal matches.
- Use photos that focus on you in your natural habitat. While it may be nice to throw in a group shot or a modeling photo (if you are indeed a model) from time to time, your suitors want to get to know you. Not just the you you want the internet to see. So try a few candid shots that your friends took of you in environments that you would actually want to share with your partner.
- Less is not more. We know it can be hard to know exactly how to describe yourself in a few sentences, but leaving your profile blank does you a disservice, especially if you’re looking for true love. This is your chance to show off your personality and be honest about your affinity for weed. A little honesty now can go a long way in preventing any surprises in the long run.
- Show off your special and most unique self. Have a cool hobby or fun job? Show it! Maybe you’ve traveled to 50 different countries or climbed The Great Wall of China. We want to see it! These are the kinds of things that make you stand out from the endless swiping we’ve all become accustomed to.
- If you know what you’re looking for, say it. If you’re looking for a life partner, it would be a waste of everyone’s time to match with someone who is just looking for a hookup. Either way is perfectly fine, but we’re not in the business of leading people on. Be straightforward about what it is you want from a partnership, even if you’re not sure yet—it’s okay to say that too.
- Ask a trusted friend for advice. If you’re absolutely swimming in anxiety or feel like you’re not getting the results you want, a close friend may be able to help. Have them take a quick look at your profile and see if there is something you missed. We are often our worst critics so a little nudge from someone you’re close to may be able to lead you in the right direction.
- Be yourself and have fun. That’s it. That’s the most important rule.
Best Dating Apps for Weed Lovers
Of course you can use Bumble, Tinder, and all the regular dating go-to’s but there are a few dating apps that are designed specifically for stoners like yourself. Let’s take a closer look at a few of our favorites and the pros and cons of each.
- The Good: Often touted as the “Tinder of Weed”, High There! has one of the largest online 420-friendly communities. It promotes unity and a judgment-free space for stoners to meet, come together, and potentially form a bond over our favorite plant.
- The Bad: Not everyone on the app is there to date. Many of the users are looking for smoking buddies or professional networking.
- The Cost: Free
My 420 Mate
- The Good: With members in over 80 countries and all 50 states, it’s possible that the love of your life is hiding somewhere on this app. The self-proclaimed “Cupid’s of Cannabis” aims to provide a warm and welcoming place for weed lovers of all walks of life.
- The Bad: The app itself is a little finicky as the developers begin to grow this platform. Some users report location errors as they give you matches that don’t live within your desired range. That being said, with a little time, this app has the potential to sweep you off your feet.
- The Cost: First 65 credits are free
Tinder, Hinge, Bumble, etc...
- The Good: These apps practically run the modern dating world for a reason–they’re good at what they do and their database includes a wide range of singles.
- The Bad: Because these are more traditional dating apps, you may experience people who aren’t open to the cannabis community. However, make it known in your profile that you enjoy weed, and it’s unlikely you’ll run into any naysayers—you might just need to wade through a few more people than 420-friendly apps.
- The Cost: Free
If love is what you seek, you have to put yourself out there to find it. Whether you try one of these dating apps or all of the above, simply apply our handy tips to dating success and you may find the Mary to your Jane—or at the very least get a good story out of it. Happy hunting, friends!